Well another month is here and gone!
In May I started out strong, and wanted to do so much! I stayed sick quite a bit this month
. I had set high achievement goals! They did not get accomplished, but you know what I have realized? This problem did not get here overnight, and I do not intend to beat myself up over it
What I achieved this month was still an accomplishment in my
way of thinking! Here goes:
(1) I use to walk down the hall at the hospital and have people pass me, and say excuse me! (They made me sick!!!
Now, they don't pass me, some of them I pass, and I don't say "Excuse me! " I just look at them as to say "Move it, or Lose it
(2) I use to not be able to walk very much at all! My foot hurt, my knees hurt! Whine,
, whine! I try and walk now only 15 minutes at a time, and then try 15 minutes more later! This is walking at a fast pace constantly for me! I use to hate to walk because of the perspiration that would just pour off me! (I hate to sweat... I know ... No pain, No gain!)
Well, what I did to shake this was I made me a path from one end of the hospital to the other, and it is a-i-r c-o-n-d-i-t-i-o-n-e-d
! No sweat on this mama, just fast paced see how fast I can go fun! At least walking is back into my life again
(3) After being out of my life for 2 to 3 weeks of this month, my swimming pool at the gym now is one of my favorite of all places in the world to be! I feel like I have come to a vacation resort in the Tropics that just makes my body and soul feel better and stronger everyday!
(4) Have I lost much weight? No, only 1 pound
(5) Other accomplishments: I measured this month and I have lost 4 and 1/2 inches total from different areas of my body!
(6) Can I tell any difference? Yes my clothes are beginning to drag, sag, and slip down
! Some of them I have retired and brought out another size to replace and I am beginning to see the same thing start with them! This is enough for me to be happy!
1- Drink as much water as possible (Something that is hard for me to do! I don't know why it is.... I must stay hydrated to reach my goals, and help with my constant UTI problem! Another reason is because it is so hot here in the summer!)
2- Try to up my fitness minutes to 1200 minutes a month.
3. Get better control of my diabetes, so hopefully I can get my life back! I am reading every thing that I can get my hands on and, trying anything that sounds remotely like it will help! I know my weight is the big issue and it's much harder to lose when you become diabetic, but it is going--- and one day I will be able to say "It Is Gone With The Wind!" Diabetes is something one day I would like to work with and help other people Conquer! First, I must conquer "My Giant"
4. Develop more "Patience!"
5. Become Unstoppable ( A tough one!)
" Believe that I can do anything through Christ, who strengthens me!"