Biggest Loser Summer Motivators
Thursday, May 20, 2010
As part of the summer Biggest Loser challenge our first challenge was to come up with a list of 5 things that will keep me motivated throughout the summer. I have had to really think about this and I still don't know if I will have 5 or not, but here they are in no particular order.
1. One motivator for me is the 5K races I have coming up. There is one in June and another in August. I am not signed up for either one yet but I will be signed up for the one in June soon. I would love to be able to run both of those 5K races and improve my time between the first and second race. This makes me want to stick with and finish the C25K training so I will be ready.
2. I will be starting a biggest loser type competition at the Y next week. There are cash prizes and lots of other prizes up for grabs. I don't know if my team will win or not but I am going to give it my best shot.
3. I will also be starting a running program at the Y in a couple of weeks. This will help me to be better prepared for the 5K's that I want to run. One of the trainers who has ran several 5K's, half marathons, and a marathon will be leading the group. I had thought several times about asking her to help me and give me some tips and advice on my running so this will be the perfect opportunity to get to train with her specifically on running.
4. I want to be healthier. I think this is always one of my main motivators to keep me going and doing what I need to do.
5. I want to tone up and lose weight. Again, I think this is always one that keeps me going because I like the results I have gotten so far and I know it will only get better the more I do it.
I don't want to let any of my teams down so I will do my best and hopefully reach some goals along the way, both individually and as a team (whatever team that may be).