Joan (SHASTA11) has asked me to post updates a number of times and I finally am getting around to it. The past few months have been a whirlwind.
1. There has been school. Lots and lots of school. I graduate Magna Cum Laude this Saturday! There was a 50 page Honors Thesis, an hour long oral defense, a public Research forum, and a multitude of 15 page papers in between. There have also been honor society inductions, awards ceremonies, etc.
Oh Heyyyy Centenary!
2. There has been my FUTURE school. I went to the events for admitted students to Harvard Div in early April and fell in love all over again. Everyone was warm and inviting; the school feels like a community. Plus, the Div school is number one throughout ALL of Harvard for recycling. :) I also have been looking for apartments, sweating over student loans (OMFG I am about to borrow soooo much money), and making arrangements to move.
See you soon, my love!
3. Oh and I bought a bicycle. I LOVE it. I still have to get a basket for the back but here it is. It has no gears and is admittedly tough to ride but all the better to strengthen my legs, right? :)
And 4. I have been partying hard. It is my last few months in this town and I have certainly not let them go to waste. There have been lots of late nights (or um, early mornings?). A few days where I have not been to sleep at ALL, and lots of new friends made. I would not change this for the WORLD. But let me give you an equation.
LOTS of Rye Old-Fashioneds
My Favorite hang out the Noble Savage
UPSTAIRS CAFE, whose hours are 9 PM to 6 AM and they serve:
MY FAVORITE JUNK FOOD
It is not rocket science. And it is true. I have missed tons of workouts, eaten more fast food...it was bound to catch up with me. FORTUNATELY I braved the scale and texted Amber (JUSTLOSEIT23) my gameplan:
SEVEN POUNDS BY MEMORIAL DAY
I have (I started the 1st) 31 days to go from 159.4 to 152.4. Can I do it? Absolutely. And here is how.
1. Five hours of cardio a week. It doesn't have to be the stairmaster or running. It can be riding my cruiser. It can be walking my dog. The point is to move it.
2. Two strength training days and one yoga a week. I've slacked on strength lately.
3. Legit foods. Oh HEYYYYY grocery store! I hadn't been in a month (it was a challenge) but I went and stocked up on delicious whole foods. Reduce overall calorie intake with more whole foods, fruits, and vegetables.
4. 10 drinks a week. 10!?!? Rachel that is kind of a lot. Yes...yes it is. I party hard. Let's just say the number has been WAYYYYY higher than that. I'm in college. We do these things. The liver is an amazing tool.
Today is the 4th and would you like to know where I am?
That would be 17% of my goal! The next few weeks WILL be busy with my graduation, graduation party, apartment deciding in Boston, my SISTER'S graduation, graduation party, and oh hey the move. But seeing my current success rate I think it will be fine.