Fitness Survey (Courtesy of Faire Isle)
Saturday, May 01, 2010
1. What did you eat for breakfast?
A spoonful of peanut butter and a large glass of lite chocolate soy milk (not a b'fast of champions today)
2. How much water do you drink a day?
Not enough, maybe two cups, and that was during Spin class. I rarely drink straight water, don't enjoy drinking it unless I'm thirsty.
3. What is your least favorite "healthy" food?
4. What is your favorite fruit?
5. What is your favorite vegetable?
6. How many calories do you burn a week?
About 3500 to 4000
7. How many calories do you eat a day?
About 1700 to 1800 average
8. What are your favorite healthy snacks?
Healthy hummus (E2) on wheat melba toast; soy cream cheese on anything; homemade vegan bean dip on whole wheat crackers
9. What do you usually eat for lunch?
Leftovers (usually a pasta dish); cup of vegan soup; PBJ; sometimes a salad
10. What is usually for dinner?
My favorites are pasta dishes... vegan lasagna, spaghetti, noodles and veggies
11. What is your favorite body part to strength train?
I don't enjoy strength training anything, but if I have to pick something I guess I'd pick shoulders
12. What is your least favorite body part to strength train?
13. What is your least favorite exercise?
14. What is your favorite exercise?
Cycling and hiking
15. What is your "bad" food cravings?
Potato chips (so I indulge sometimes on Naturals veggie chips)
16. What is your go to workout song?
I love working out to hip-hop, trance, and some alternative rock
17. Do you take vitamins or supplements?
18. How often do you eat out?
Not much since I went vegan, but every time I travel out of town (a couple of times a month)
19. Do you eat fast food?
Only on occasion, and only Subway or other place that offers something at least a little healthy and not loaded with calories
20. How do you stay motivated?
I love the process of optimizing my health, doesn't really take any effort for me to stay motivated (I feel very fortunate)
21. Who is your biggest supporter?
My SparkFriends, my mom
22. How much weight have you lost?
Since Feb 10, about 12 pounds. From my heaviest weight ever (1990), I weigh 57 pounds less, but my usual weight over the years has been about 10 to 15 pounds more than I weigh today. I'm working on lowering my weight thermostat for a lower weight that I can maintain the rest of my life.
23. How did you determine your goal weight?
I got that weight (145) from Weight Watchers a number of years ago. I believe my final goal weight may actually be closer to 135 or 137. We'll see.
24. Do you have a gym membership?
25. How often do you work out?
Daily, although some weeks I take one day off, and some weeks I take two days off (depends on my schedule), but daily is the norm.
26. How did you find Spark?
I don't recall exactly... I was surfing the net for nutrition information, I believe, when I came across it.
27. How much sleep do you get a night?
About 7 to 8 hours average.
28. Are you a morning or night workout person?
I tend to do better physically in the afternoon or evening; however I love being outdoors doing something active in the early morning, so it's a toss-up.
29. Do you have a "cheat" day?
No, not really. Sometimes I go over points, but I don't consider it a cheat day, I was just hungrier than usual (because when I do eat more, it's a healthy more).
30. Do you drink soda?
Very occasionally a Diet Dr. Pepper (really should never do that, yuck aspartame!)
31. Do you drink alcohol? How much?
32. What is your favorite thing about Spark?
Tracking of food and fitness, community of friends.
33. What do you not like about your body? What do you love about your body?
I like being tall, I love that it's a healthy body (even if a bit aged, lol).
34. Do you have a workout buddy?
Not currently, although I do have friends that sometimes hike and bike with me.
35. What is the best thing that has changed about your life since committing to this Healthy Lifestyle?
My skin is clearing up (late-in-life acne, go figure!). I love that I no longer eat anything from animals!