Still chugging

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Yes, I am still at it! I originally told myself I was going to blog on here once a week so I could have a place to "report", otherwise it's easy to let myself get distracted. haha. Well, things have been kind of crazy, so obviously I haven't been posting every week. BUT, I am still at it. Other than last week (12th thru 15th, to be exact) I did pretty badly. Bart was in California for work (MySQL conference) and having him gone made it really lonely in the house, so I found myself doing a whole bunch of other random things to keep me occupied. On the 12th, I got a massage (courtesy of my lovely sister who gave me a $50.00 gift card for Massage Envy!) and it was soooo great (even though the next day I felt like I'd been beat up!) and I even came straight home after the massage and did a half hour workout. Well, that was Monday... here comes Tuesday: Worked all day, as usual, then went to my hair appointment with my friend Jess, who is ALMOST done with hair school and does an awesome job. Well, I forget how long it takes for instructors at her school to come around and "pass off" her work, so long story short - I was there for about 4 1/2 hours. Don't get me wrong, it was totally awesome to hang out and be able to talk to Jess since I haven't seen her since like December... but, I had Harmony waiting at my house for me 'cause we were supposed to go shopping! Needless to say, we didn't end up going shopping. No no... INSTEAD... we went back to her house, but don't forget the stop at Wendy's on the way there... Big Bacon Classic and we shared a large fry (sigh....) I'm admitting this on here, because I feel like if I DON'T, then I'm just hiding it and if I hide it, I'm not keeping myself accountable. Ok, so Wendy's every once in a while isn't a TERRIBLE thing, right? Well, lets not stop there then. So, instead of taking Harmony home and going home myself to work out, INSTEAD, we made a trip to Smith's to get Brian's slim fast yummies and also threw in a package of assorted donuts - crumb, plain, powered sugar aaaand... I'm forgetting what the others were. Actually, there may have just been those three. ANYWAY... I ate one of each. I THINK that might be it. Oh no... no, I had a Jr. frosty as well. I think THAT might be it. Oh wait, NO... we also had mint 3 Musketeers as well. To top this all of, ladies and gentleman... guess what we did while indulging in these wonderfully healthy snacks? We watched "The Biggest Loser". Nothing like watching a motivational show, seeing people working their asses off to lose weight and we're eating donuts while watching it. Irony? Uh huh...
Ok, so clearly, Tuesday was HORRIBLE... although I have to admit, it was a really fun day. I'm even partially GLAD that I felt like puking by the time I got home. I deserved it!!! lol
On to Wednesday... k. Wednesday: Worked all day, then Harmony and I had PEDICURES at 6:00 (courtesy of my totally awesome mother in-law who gave me a gift card for the pedicure... so ALSO free!!) It was super fun, felt great and I got cheerful, rainbow skittle colored toes from it. Thaaaanks to Harmony :). (That's what I get for telling my sister she can pick whatEVER color she wants for my toes). Seriously though... I love them. They make me cheerful every time I look at them. :) teehee. Ok, so Natalee (one of my best friends of about 20 years) came down (drove about an hour, I might add) just to hang out. After the pedicures, we went to the Mall... yes... ME, the mall. We got shoes. *YAY*! and then went and had dinner at P.F. Changs. I'm just gonna pretend that chicken lo-mein is low cal. :D Again, the day was awesome. We went back to my house and talked for a while. I think Harmony finally headed home around midnight, then Natalee stayed and we talked 'til about 2:00 A.M. I actually slept better on Wednesday night than the rest of the time Bart was gone. But as you can tell from my details of my adventures... Tuesday and Wednesday did not include any type of working out. Now THURSDAY, Bart was coming home!!! I couldn't wait. You'd think after 7 years of being together, I could handle him being gone for 4 1/2 days, but I fully admit that within about 5 hours of him being gone, I missed him like crazy and just wanted to hug him and never let go. LOL so, after work I went home and cleaned and straightened up, then went to his Mom's to hang out until about 9:00 until I was to head to the airport to pick him up. Well, his flight was delayed and long story short, we didn't get home 'til about 11:30. Sooo... Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday = No work outs. Friday, I was back to normal. I had him home and felt like my routine was back to normal. So, from Friday, the 16th, until now, I've been pretty good at working out every day, other than yesterday because we went straight from work to Bart's brother's house for a BBQ to meet his new girlfriend. (Not before we had to clean up a tooon of puke from the stairs, thanks to Bart's dog...)
So, last Saturday when I weighed myself, I had gained a pound. I was disappointed, yes, but also quite surprised that it wasn't more, considering my lack of exercise and NOT so great food choices on Tuesday. LOL Inches are still the same. I'm hoping to start seeing a difference in inches, because so far I haven't and I'm trying not to be depressed about it. If I continue feeling depressed, I may stop measuring myself every week and just do it once a month. Anyway... so, I forgot to weigh myself this morning because Bart's mom came over at about 8:30 and we had planned to go to breakfast. To iHop. Most anyone that knows me, knows that iHop means: Stuffed French Toast. I SO just cannot help it. Yum. BUT, I thought I did pretty good. I knew the stuffed french toast was going to be mega calories, so I passed on hashbrowns, bacon and even my regular fluffy frothed cappuccino. So, I had scrambled eggs (been a while since I've had REAL eggs though...) and the french toast. According to Spark's Nutrition tracker, it was around 700 calories. (COULD HAVE BEEN WORSE!!!) I didn't end up having any lunch because we were running around looking at condos with his mom, although I did have a 100 calorie fudge popsicle when we got home. (heh, heh) and then we had home made sweet & sour chicken and rice (and salad) for dinner, which was also around 700 calories. So, my point of the rambled DETAIL of my day... I did not go over calories. As a matter of fact, I have about 200 calories remaining and I MAY just have a Mousse Temptations treat. (60 Calories)

I'm going to weigh myself in the morning and pretend it was today. Since I didn't work out yesterday, I worked out extra tonight, so I'm hoping I lost this week. I might add that I'm quite proud of myself for working out tonight. Bart's mom was here ALL day (from about 8:30 AM to almost 9:00 PM) and I really didn't think I'd be motivated enough to work out after she left, BUT I DID! And... today was a super fun day. :)
Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post
  • no profile photo CD1987279
    Keep on chugging and you will find success.
    4075 days ago
  • Add Your Comment to the Blog Post

    Log in to post a comment

    Disclaimer: Weight loss results will vary from person to person. No individual result should be seen as a typical result of following the SparkPeople program.