Cyclists, I need your help!!!

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My bunz hurt. how can i prevent my tushy from hurting??? should i give it a break? My mother-in-law says i can get hemoroids too if i ride too much (I know, gross, but i gotta ask lol)??? emoticon
Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post
    It's actually called "saddle soreness" and goes away with time. I have never heard of hemorrhoids from cycling. I used to cycle a lot like 2 to 300 miles a week and never once had a problem.

    There are also "bike shorts" with gel pads in them for when you do long rides. Or a proper seat. "Terry" components makes a woman specific seat designed just for the anatomy and pressure points of women which differ from men.

    Or you can get a seat pad to put on your seat temporarily. Some of the people in the spinning class I used to go to had those.
    3565 days ago
    Get a new seat....gel is the best! If you go to any outdoors type store talk to the cyclist there and they will be able to help you out. I paid about $90 for my seat and trust me it makes ALL the difference to have a good quality seat!

    3566 days ago
  • no profile photo BOYDRUMMER
    Hello DAMARIS135, you just have to ride it out the pain will eventually go away. I don't know about hemoroids as I have never gotten them from bike riding.
    3566 days ago
  • Add Your Comment to the Blog Post

    Log in to post a comment

    Disclaimer: Weight loss results will vary from person to person. No individual result should be seen as a typical result of following the SparkPeople program.

More Blogs by DAMARIS135