1) I love the gritty feel of dirt on my hands.
2) There is a smell that rises from a garden, full of earth and sun, that is unmatched anywhere else.
3) Gardening is a feast for the eyes, like a fine patterned quilt of roses, violets, blackfoot daisies, salvias, sedum, alyssum, crinum lilies, mock orange, daylilies, and many others.
4) From the furry leaves of lambs ear to the spikiness of holly, plants come in every imaginable texture.
5) With so many colors of green, the gray green leaves of cenizo, the blue-green blades of Little Blue Stem, and the yellow green mound of Texas columbine, I am surrounded by a kaleidoscope of green.
6) Is there anything that smells as sweet as rain on roses?
7) Gardening presents a puzzle; each plant has specific needs and benefits, so how does the gardener place them in the perfect spot to create the perfect combination of form, texture, color, and movement?
8) Nothing in a garden is ever static; plants bloom, bugs descend, seasons change.
9) Is there a better classroom than a garden? It is the perfect place to teach just about anything - math, art, or character.
10) Gardening invites me to create and with patience and persistence to surround myself with a bit of God's heaven.