Shopping List For Sunday: Popcorn, Barbecue Sauce, Ice, and Fat Chick Clothes
Sunday, April 18, 2010
Most of it is just regular stuff but darn it I have to - and I mean HAVE TO - go clothes shopping tomorrow.
We are going to my husband's niece's VERY posh wedding in Atlanta next weekend, and I am invited to several other related events - with the wedding, a total of four 'dress-up' appearances. I have ONE nice outfit, purchased for a different niece's graduation last year.
Of course, I wish I was several sizes smaller - but, I'm not.
But you know what? Since starting with Spark People almost two months ago:
1. My HDL (good) cholesterol is now off the charts - it's higher than 100. My doctor said I'm the fifth patient in 35 years of family practice to do that.
2. My triglycerides (the soluble fat in your bloodstream) are less than half when I started.
3. This one involves medication - but my blood pressure is down from a stroke-zone of 220/100 to 160/78 - I'm not quite there yet, but I'm making progress.
4. I've only lost a few pounds, but I'm FAR more active and I have more energy. I've tackled projects - even finished a few! - that I've been unable to surmount for two years.
5. I'm happier. I considered myself happy already, but I have profoundly enjoyed the interaction with my new Spark friends. I've found positive, intelligent, funny people who are all working towards goals - and they INSPIRE me.
Big group hugs to you all - you mean SO very much to me.
I'll go buy my Fat Chick Clothes, and hopefully they'll be going to the consignment store before I have to wear them again.