March / April Progress Blog #1
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
One of my goals for the next couple of months is to check in weekly on my progress to help me stay focused and on track. So here we go!
March / April Progam & Goals:
* Lose 1/2 lb per week - 3 lbs by April 30th - I was shocked to find myself down 1.5 lbs last week....will skip this week's weigh-in as I know I'm up a couple lbs in water weight this week (I'm also trying to back off on checking the scale too often...
* Cardio - Power-walking with incline 3-4x week - Week #1
* ST - Full-body ST 2x week; Core 3x week - only managed half of this...decided to back off a bit as my back was starting to twinge again. It's better now, so this was a good choice. Will make another go at it this week.
* Track nutrition 6 days / week - stay within calorie range BUT do not exceed deficit of 300-400 cal/day . Week #1 -
* Check in with progress weekly -
* Continue learning to be flexible - Good week in that regard - I am finally convinced that I will stick with this for the long term, so taking a day or two off to short-circuit an injury is not only possible, it's necessary.
Despite having a good week in all, I disappointed myself bitterly on the weekend, drinking far too much for no reason whatsoever - something that I thought was behind me. I'm reflecting on where I should go with this - I'm not exactly 'worried' - more surprised I think. To borrow some words from a post I've seen somewhere in the past few days (I'm sorry - if this is from you, please let me know - I would credit it if I could remember where I saw it!) "This just doesn't fit with how I see myself now."
I supposed that's good!
and a great day to my