25,000-29,999 SparkPoints 27,239

7 Day Detox/Cleanse (by Arbonne) - Day 1

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I'm now doing this detox and figured I would share this with anyone who may be wondering what it is about, my experiences, and results....

A friend of mine is an executive at Arbonne. Whenever I speak to her, Arbonne always comes up. She lives and dies for this stuff. She even tried to get me to be a regional manager but I'm just not interested in this kind of work. Anyway, a few months ago we were speaking about diets and she told me about the Arbonne detox program. She said its a great way to jumpstart your diet.

The next thing I know she left it at my door. I brought it in the house and stared at it. Left it on my night table for a week and thought about it. Then finally, I put it in my closet and forgot about it.

Over the last few weeks, I've pretty much dropped the ball on weightloss and fitness. I don't know what happened. It crept up slowly. I've managed to maintain good eating and a little exercise, but not nearly at the rate I was at. Thankfully, I didn't gain any weight back and I now get the concept of maintenance.

Anyway, I decided this was a good time to jumpstart my diet - so I decided to try the detox. Yesterday was Day 1.

The package contains 7 pretty bottles of liquid and all the ingredients are natural/vegan. OK, that's a good start. Each day you have to pour one of the bottles into 32 oz of water and drink it throughout the day.

I opened the first bottle and of course the first thing I did was smell it. I didn't like the smell at all, it smelled like sour fruit to me. But I added it to my 32 oz of water and started to drink. The taste wasn't as bad as the smell. As a side note, I've read that the taste varies for each person - the more toxins in your body the worse the taste... and the taste gets better after some toxins are released.

Anyway, I was terrified of what would happen next. I scoured the interent and found some reviews which talked about cramping and other gross stomach things that may happen. I expect to be home most of this week so I was happy that I picked a good week to do this (except for the massage I have scheduled for tomorrow morning!! I guess I'll do the drink after!).

So the day went on and not much happened. Until 4:00 when I had to run and I mean run to the bathroom. But after that, all was good. I had tons of energy last night and I slept really well.

We'll see what day 2 brings.


Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post