Let's talk about me - lifted from Ravenlocke who lifted it from ?
Monday, February 08, 2010
"If you've are reading this, you have the honor of copying all these goofy questions and writing your own responses! Paste these instructions in the body of your blog."
1. What time did you get up this morning? 7 - a little later than normal because I did not pick up my sister for work, she is sick
2. How do you like your steak? Medium rare
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? On Saturday, "It's Complicated" - really enjoyed it. I frequently go to the movies - 2 or 3 times per month is now normal. Before I married at LEAST once per week.
4. What is your favorite TV show? I watch very little TV. The last thing that I watched regularly was Survivor about 2 seasons ago. I watched it with my sister. But now we work and commute together so I talk to her during the drive.
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? If I did not consider friends and family, but just my personal preference, Kauai. But it is too remote to live there unless my whole family could come too. So, Sarasota, Florida. Close enough to see everyone regularly and lovely!
6. What did you have for breakfast? Two slives of home made whole wheat bread.
7. What is your favorite cuisine? Hmm, its a toss up between Thai and Indian.
8. What foods do you dislike? Liver.
9. Favorite Place to Eat? My own dining room. Preferably with friends or family.
10. Favorite dressing? Home made basil Vinaigrette - with the basil grown in my garden and really good balsamic vinegar --- its the best! If I am eating out, Ranch dressing.
11.What kind of vehicle do you drive? 2002 Honda Civic GX. It is powered by compressed natural gas. 1/10th the pollution of a hybrid. Uses existing technology and does not have the environmental impact from the batteries that the hybrids do. It now has 142K miles on it. I am hoping to drive it to 400K.
12. What are your favorite clothes? Blue jeans and a loose oxford shirt.
13, Where would you visit if you had the chance? Australia - I would love to dive the Great Barrier reef.
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? My cup is overflowing!!!
15. Where would you want to retire? Orlando - i want to be the fairy godmother at Disney World.
16. Favorite time of day? The gloaming. That time between day and night. I especially loved it when we lived in Chicago and you could no longer tell where the water ended and the sky began.
17. Where were you born? Dallas, Texas. And I live less than 30 miles from there now. But I have lived in lots of places.
18. What is your favorite sport to watch? Anything that I find interesting at the moment. My husband is a big Steelers fan, so I enjoy watching the Steelers. I like baseball in person, but not on TV. I like football better on TB than in person. I always enjoy watching basketball, ice skating, skiing, speed skating. If I had a TV that worked, I would watch the Winter Olympics for sure.
19. How many siblings? 1 sister, 1 brother. I am the oldest.
20. Favorite pastime/hobby? Playing board games or cards, needlework (especially Hardanger). gardening.
21. Who are you most curious about their responses to this? No one in particular--just became active on Spark!
22. Bird watcher? I think that I would enjoy it now that I can see them.
23. Are you a morning person or a night person? Night
24. Do you have any pets? Yes, 1 very old dog, Spaky she will turn 16 on Valentine's Day. She is a lab and chow mix - looks like a Lab, has a Chow personality.
25. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? My husband returns from 2 weeks in China on Friday. I can't wait for him to get home.
26. What did you want to be when you were little? An architect.
27. What is your best childhood memory? Playing houseboat in the garage on an old mattress with my sister.
28. Are you a cat or dog person? Not really either. I used to be afraid of dogs, and I am still anxious around strange dogs. I love my dog and my fur nieces (2 cocker spaniels). I had a fur niece cat that I liked also. And I had a Siamese cat when I was a teenager that I was fond of. But I am not really an animal person, I am much more of a people person.
29. Are you married? Yes, 6 years in April.
30. Always wear your seat belt? Always. I do not pull out of the driveway without being buckled up.
31. Been in a car accident? Yes, several. I rearended several people about once a year for three years in a row. After having been accident free for 30 years.
32. Any pet peeves? Whining. It drives me crazy.
33. Favorite Pizza Toppings? Super deluxe.
34. Favorite Flower? Peonies
35. Favorite ice cream? Rocky road
36. Favorite fast food restaurant? Where I eat the most would be Taco Cabana. They have wonderful rotisserie chicken. But my favorite food would be at Chicken Express where you can get Dublin Dr. Pepper. Its Dr. Pepper that is still made with cane sugar instead of with high fructose corn syrup.
37. How many times did you fail your driver's test? I made a 96. I don't even know anyone that failed their driving test.
38. From whom did you get your last email? Sparkpeople!
39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? Pottery Barn - except I don't have any cards with that high of a limit.
40. Do anything spontaneous lately? I ran!
41. Like your job? Love it!
42. Broccoli? Yep - one of my favorite vegetables.
43. What was your favorite vacation? Roatan. Stayed at the CocoView Resort and scuba, scuba, scuba, scuba!
44. Last person you went out to dinner with? My Sister!
45. What are you listening to right now? My dog scratching.
46. What is your favorite color? Aqua - just about the color of the background to my Sparkpage.
47. How many tattoos do you have? NONE
48. How many people will fill this out? 17749
49. What time did you finish this quiz? 9:08 p.m.
50. Coffee Drinker? Occasionally. Usually when I am with my sister. Rarely by myself.