Discipline...it's not a dirty word!
Friday, January 29, 2010
1. Discipline is NOT punishment!
2. The definition of discipline is: To train oneself to do something in a controlled or habitual way.
3. This means choosing the right course of action to achieve the desired outcome.
4. The goal of private disciplines is to move from a "have to do it" attitude to a "can't live without it" attitude.
5. In order to get the most out of private disciplines, some of things we need to do are: be honest, spend time listening, do what is revealed, make a commitment, create a plan, make it easy, and share what you are learning.
I have to remind myself that being disciplined with myself is for my own good! I am not punishing myself by denying myself unhealthy foods. I am not punishing myself by exercising (even when I don't feel like it). I am making a choice to HELP myself, not HURT myself!
I must continue to train myself to lead a healthy lifestyle. It's true, the more I practice the things I want to incorporate into my life, the more habitual they become. It does get easier with time.