The Curmudegeon Reawakens
Monday, January 25, 2010
Today is a day for questions about things which bug me as a trainer and contributor to the message boards.
1. Why do so many join the Hamster/Gerbil Club and asume that hours of cardio is the way to lose weight and get fit?
2. Why do the informercial and Fit TV "trainers' patronize their potential buyers or viewers with routines of recycled 1980's vintage aerobics workouts by adding barbie bells and calling it a strength workout?
3. Why do people assume they can substitute quantity for quality and achieve the desired results?
4 Why with the known health benefits of strength training do people avoid adding it to their programmes?
5. Why do many reject the findings of research and choose to honour anecdotal information or gym myths to structure their workouts?
6.Why do some insist that muscles can be worked in isolation when any text on kinesology will disprove that concept?
7. Why do some think they can multitask during a workout and obtain the desired benefits?
8. Why do some confuse activities with workouts and try to find "fun" workouts instead of concentrating on their workouts and recognizing that progress comes from working outside their comfort zone?
9. Why do some spend money to purchase over priced DVD workouts when the same material is available online for free?
10. Why do people take a complete food, an egg and throw away the yolk which has the bulk of the nutrients and just consume only the white which is just protein?
Fell free to add to this list or refute it.