I got through to the end of Chapter 3 last night, but didn't get to write anything, because I had to sleep.
I've been thinking about my goals since reading the chapter - obviously, I have my overall goal weight (145lbs or thereabouts) - but what about in the interim? If I focus on 145lbs, it's always going to seem like I'm never going to get there. I have almost 300lbs to lose to get to 145lbs.
So I have my short-, mid- and long-term goals.
- Be below 400lbs before February 28, 2010
- Exercise for at least 60 minutes a week (this allows for 1 day where I don't have to exercise)
- Start taking multi-vitamins
- Get a job
- Update www.fatgirlslim.org
at least once a week
- Lose 50lbs by June 30, 2010
- Wear a NICE DRESS to my sister's wedding on October 22, 2010
- Lose 100lbs by December 31, 2010
- Reach goal weight of 145lbs by December 31, 2012
- Attend and graduate from University
- Move into my own house or apartment
I think they're pretty decent goals. I'm still not entirely sure what I want to do at Uni, but it's a long-term goal because of that. And because I'll have to get a job and save up for fees and living expenses, etc, in case I can't get help from SAAS and the SLC.
Weight-loss wise, I don't think it's too much to lose 100lbs in a year. That's your average 2lb a week. And I'm hoping that, even with the trouble I've had so far, it's still an achievable target.