My New Year’s Resolutions for 2010
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
I wrote these in my journal in the beginning of the year but decided to put them in a blog as well, so they will be on my SparkPage. There are quite a few resolutions, so I think I need to prioritize. However, a lot of them I do already and some should not be too difficult to accomplish (though some require a lot of effort like buying my own apartment!).
Weight loss goals - Get to the goal weight of 55 kg by:
1. Sleeping 7-8 hours a night.
2. Eating healthy – a balanced and versatile diet of vegetables, fruits, whole grains and lean protein.
3. Tracking my calories.
4. Exercising every day: no matter what exercise, even if it’s just push-ups, crunches, walking.
5. Drinking enough water every day – aim at drinking 8 cups per day.
1. Run a half marathon in 2010 – Sign up and train for Helsinki City Run, which is on May 8, 2010.
2. Run from my home village to town during summer vacation – 14 km.
3. Continue doing strength training three times per week.
4. Start again doing taekwondo a few times per week.
5. Try new exercise classes, at least two different types, for at least a month – pilates, yoga, spinning, body pump.
1. Buy my own apartment.
2. Get rid of extra junk, old clothes, clean up closets.
3. Be on time.
4. Learn to say no.