Year in review and looking ahead
Thursday, December 31, 2009
So, a quick year-in-review...
These were my goals for 2009 (and steps I had taken as of January 3rd to meet those goals):
1) Entered in a goal for my SparkAmerica Minutes
2) Joined up with the "New Year, New You" Bootcamp (begins January 4th)
3) Ordered a new swimsuit so I can take up water aerobics again
4) Set my January goals and wrote them down on my SparkPeople calendar
5) Mega-cleaned my room
6) Signed up for Bloomsday (my first 12K!) on May 3, 2009
Here's what actually happened (as far as the goals above are concerned):
1) I did not meet my SparkAmerica Minutes goal--the exercise part of my life (along with the eating healthy) went by the wayside
2) I did complete the "New Year, New You" bootcamp succesfully!
3) I have been flitting in and out of water aerobics
4) I did keep track of goals on my SparkPeople calendar for the majority of the year
5) My room is incredibly messy yet again (lol, I think it's almost a lost cause)
6) I not only signed up for Bloomsday, I attended it, walked it, and whomped it! :)
I don't really have any reasons/excuses as to why I haven't completed my goals for this year--call it laziness, call it giving in to the busy-ness of life--whatever it was, they weren't finished. And yes, looking back on 2009 it makes me sad...especially seeing how far I had come in 2008. But, I do know that 2009 has been about a lot of different things--focusing on my family, primarily. It has been a true joy to get to spend time with my mom, dad, brother, sister-in-law, and (as of last February) my first nephew.
It has been a year of learning how to take a rest--a real rest. The lessons from this haven't really sunk in yet (lol, look at my schedule just to see for sure).
Things I would like to accomplish in 2010:
1) Lose the weight I have gained back since the beginning of the year (not sure as to how much of a gain I had, but I plan on weighing myself Friday morning and I will post...hold me accountable to that)
2) Blogging on a regular basis--I miss wriitng. It helps "stabilize" me. It might be here, it might just be on my LiveJournal account (and who knows, it might be both)
3) Get back into a regular exercise routine (beginning with water aerobics Monday, Wednesday, Friday)
4) Get back into healthy eating habits--particularly paying attention to the portion sizes I'm eating (as I've noticed that they have grown substantially since I stopped tracking here)
5) Get more involved on my local Spark Team--I've missed my people and the support I have there (although they have been faithfully supporting me even still--as evidenced by my collection of happy little Christmas cards)
At this point, I don't really have any races or things that I'm hoping to train for. I would love to do Bloomsday again or RUN (ack!) a 5K, but for the time being I'm...well, feeling non-committal.
So, here's hoping that 2010 will see me getting back on track, more active here, and less of me overall (heehee!)