Day 34 - Not a special occasion
Thursday, December 17, 2009
The office holiday party was this afternoon and evening. It does not rate on my special-throw-all-caution-to-t
And yet, I consumed about 1800 calories at the party (assuming I remembered to log everything and guestimate quantities well).
Ah - the social event. I'll give myself a C-. There's lots of room for improvement and I could have done way worse.
What I learned! After I ate a plate full of food (pretty healthy choices), I tossed the plate. What I didn't do is stop eating. After I've eaten at a stand up, walk around event, I need to leave the area where the food is. No one forced me back into it. When my sparkling water was finished, I could have asked someone to get me another one.
On other topics in no particular order:
1. my new washer and chest freezer will arrive jan 5
2. i'm reading Ali Vincent's book "Believe It, Be It"
3. i got a chanukah gift from my sister - a mug with a menorah on it. when you put hot liquid in the cup, the candles light up. my tea is the perfect temperature when the candles start to dim. fun!
4. an employee noticed a big mistake i made. i'm working on fixing it and my boss is dealing with it.
5. i need more sleep (going to bed as soon as i finish posting); i need money for all these home repairs (what else is new)