LAP November Buddy Challenge
Monday, November 16, 2009
This has been a great challenge! I am enjoying it immensely! I have made some really cool friends and I have been reflective on my journey to health and wellness.
Here are the activities for the challenge and how I am doing with them:
1) Exercise (1 point): do at least 30 minutes of exercise (cardio and/or strength training)
I am having trouble getting in the daily 30 minutes of exercise. I really need to make that a priority!
2) Nutrition (1 point): No fried foods
Until I read another team members blog, I didn't think of fried eggs as being a fried food. I was thinking deep fried foods. I haven't eaten any, but I gave them to my children last night for supper and they looked good - I wondered why I didn't serve them more often.
3) Brain: (1 point): Read a Spark article
I have read articles that I wouldn't normally have read and it has been interesting.
4) Spiritual (1 point): Meditate for 5 minutes
This is something that I do. I would like to incorporate it with yoga.
5) Home: (1 point): take 5 minutes to plan for the next day (what you will wear, what you will eat, etc)
It is helping me to be better prepared for everything.
6) Financial (1 point): put in a jar 1 penny for every challenge point you get
My children made really cool savings jars this week and I think I should have them make one for me to keep my pennies in.
7) Community (1 point) Visit your team members page (this includes their blog, a spark goodie or on their friend feed) or spark mail them
I love giving my team mates goodies and comments and support!
8) Bonus Challenge: Different every day with varying point values
I only missed one of these. I am blogging for points today!
All in all, I am so glad that I am doing this challenge! I think my team mates are awesome! I am glad that I am getting to know them. I am hoping that I will lose a couple of pounds this month for the extra 10 points per pound!!
GO TEAM 2!!!