Thank you, SparkPeople!
Friday, November 06, 2009
My one year Sparkiversary is coming up in a couple of weeks. I probably should wait until then to post this, but my heart is so overflowing with thankfulness, I can't wait. Since I joined SparkPeople last year, there have been so many changes in myself, I don't even recognize myself! When I sit at the Thanksgiving table, I'm going to have so many things to be thankful for:
1. Thank you, God, for having Laneita to refer me to Sparkpeople.
2. Thank you, Laneita, for referring me to this site. I owe you a big one!
3. Thank you, Sparkpeople, for the timely emails you sent all through the year. It was like you were standing beside me, lifting me up when I was feeling discouraged.
4, Thank you, fellow Sparkers, for your support and interesting emails and challenges. You taught me that a setback is just a setback, not the end, or the reason to give up.
5. Thank you, Sparkpeople, for showing me that you're never too old to achieve a goal. I had stopped taking care of myself because I thought nothing could be done by the time a person reached their 60s.
6. Thank you, Sparkpeople, for helping me to come out of my shell. Last year, I literally wouldn't leave the house for days at a time. Now I go for two-mile walks every day, I joined Curves, and I look forward to going out with other people.
7. Thank you, Sparkpeople, for giving me hope for the future. My mother and grandmother never got to see their great-grandchildren, but now I have the hope that I might be able to see mine.
8. Thank you, Sparkpeople, for giving me the confidence to look people in the eye again, knowing I'm just as good as anyone else.
9. Thank you, Sparkpeople, for making me feel young again.
10. Thank you, Sparkpeople, for being FREE!!! All I can do to really thank you for all you do - is to pay it forward and Spread the Spark! That's why anytime I need any fitness or nutrition equipment, I buy it from Spark before anyone else. I wear my Spark shirt to Curves, and tell everyone about how I became the Incredible Shrinking Linda!