A Weekend of Treats

Monday, September 21, 2009

Friday I woke about 3:30 in the afternoon, poured myself a coffee and sat down on my office chair to get on the computer. Not two minutes later, my daughterinlaw from downstairs messages me to let me know that the lady that is going to do my pedicure is here. HELP!!! My place is a total mess, I am not dressed, and I just woke. I had forgotten she was supposed to come today, and after last month's no show, I really was not expecting her. I messaged Nikki back and said I would be down shortly, just needed to get dressed. Well no, I have more room so they wanted to come up here!!!!
I told her I needed to dress.
I got a move on fast! Threw on some clothes and deodorant, brushed my hair, picked up sales papers and tossed them out, cleaned ashtrays, vacuumed couch, living room and kitchen floors, cleaned out coffee maker, wiped down the counter, rearranged stuff on it, made a pot of coffee. Total time to do all this? Approximately half an hour!
They came upstairs and first I had to soak my feet in a foot bath for a while. While doing so, my daughterinlaw, her friend, and I enjoyed a friendly chat. Then her friend put a facial mask on me.( I wasn't expecting this) The mask was left on while this lady massaged and removed the dead skin from my feet, massaged my lower legs and put nail polish on my toenails. LMAO I felt so pampered, I could get used to this.
We had coffee and I went and removed the mask. My facial skin felt so soft. While talking, I discovered that my hairdressing daughterinlaw also does waxing, and she volunteered to remove my beard and moustache. I said sure.
We had to go downstairs to her place for that.
My son came up and told them their dinner was ready so they went to eat. I grabbed a toasted peanut butter and banana sandwich, then went downstairs and across to timmies to buy ice cappacinos for all of us.
Came back dropped off the ice caps and remembered something up here so came back upstairs.
Headed back down, they were long done eating and I did a few exercises with my granddaughter. She has cerebral palsy and finds it very hard to move, but I do the small exercises with her, get her laughing, and we both thoroughly enjoy it. She works so hard just to lift her legs, or try to straighten her arms. I just say come on I know you can do it and make grunting noises as I put my arms out straight or lift a leg. My antics get her giggling and make her try harder. I tell her to go upstairs and get her pajamas on and she tells me she can't because she is in a wheelchair. I reply I hadn't noticed. She laughs. She is a wonderful child. We get each other going and giggling a lot. OH did I forget to say I never grew up? emoticon
After she was put in bed, I got to have my moustache, beard and even my eyebrows waxed, then had to come upstairs for something and went back down yet again.
My daughterinlaw was complaining her back was sore from being hunched over for so long doing my face and her friend's face so I gave her a back massage. At this point she still had to colour and cut her friend's hair. And her friend was giving her a pedicure.
It was well after midnight when I finally came upstairs, after hugging and thanking my daughterinlaw and her friend for sharing such a wonderful time with me.
My son piped up told me that Nikki's mom and I were born the same year, only three months apart, so having me was like having her own mom again. Her mom had passed away at the age of 22, when Nikki was only three. She was killed in a car accident by a drunk driver. Nikki was raised by her grandparents.
She treats me like a mom and I treat her like a daughter, I try to do that with all my daughterinlaws.

Saturday comes along and hubby bought marinated beef steaks for dinner. He made the steaks and baked potatoes and baby carrots for dinner. Much to my chagrin, he had also purchased cinnamon buns with cream cheese icing. It was so tempting and I tried so hard not to cave in..........
I had one for a snack later in the evening. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I savoured it slowly, along with a cup of coffee. Before I ate it, I put all the nutritional info into my foods, and checked to see if it would put me over my sodium requirements. All my other things were well within range but I keep a good eye on sodium. It was a wonderful treat. I thoroughly enjoyed it and have absolutely no feelings of guilt whatsoever. It is not something I want to have daily, but it was very nice after having nothing of the sort for four months. The best part was I ate one and that was enough, and hubby ate the other three in the package.
It is my hope you all had a wonderful weekend. emoticon
Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post

    Be the First to Add Your Comment to the Blog Post

    Log in to post a comment

    Disclaimer: Weight loss results will vary from person to person. No individual result should be seen as a typical result of following the SparkPeople program.

More Blogs by SALDABA6