Putting the Pedal to the Metal
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
I admit it -- I've not been doing my best the last few weeks. I've had a few more "cheat meals", I've indulged in a bottle of wine or two that husband brought home, I've given myself Fridays off from workouts...not been reading my cards...in other words, NOT adhering to the Beck principles that have worked so well so far.
So I am recommitting myself as of NOW. Vandal, my coach, has challenged me to reconnect with the Beck Basics and I know he's right. NANCY15TOGOAL has ALSO joined me in a race to the 150's! So with this level of accountability and coaching, as well as that from the other **sparklers** out there, I feel it's time to put my $$ where my mouth is! It is definitely time to move to the next level. My goals specifically are:
(1) read my cards 3x per day. NO EXCUSES.
(2) NO WINE, NO WINE, NO WHINE.
(3) Fridays I need to cross train. I have a rower in the basement that took longer for TC to put together than I've spent using it.
(4) NO UNPLANNED EATING. As Beck says, "EVERY TIME I eat something I'm not supposed to, I strengthen my giving-in habit. EVERY TIME I don't give in, I strengthen my resistance habit."
(5) NO getting on the scale until Monday, our official weigh-in day.
I've had a great day today, and I'll let you know how tomorrow goes. Stay tuned!