Secret weapons..the travel edition
Thursday, July 16, 2009
So with only ONE more load of washing to do and my packing (half) done I thought I would share the items I will be taking with me to survive 2 weeks away from home and the reassuring presence of my SP friends.
So I have:
- Swimming goggles
- MP3 player with C25K week 2/3/4 on(I should be on week 3 next week, but this week has been slow)
- BF's heart-rate monitor
- skipping rope
- GL book (has all carbs/cal/fat/protein data I need)
- tape measure as I won;t be getting near a set of scales
- micro-scales for food
- small plastic zip-locks for snacks
- measuring spoons
- print out of SP's portions sizes guidelines
- notebook and pen, complete with expected activities and recommended calorie intake.
- calculator...you did not really expect me to do the calorie sums by hand, did you?
So, having already packed swimsuit and running kit, I feel a little more confident about staying on top of things whilst in the UK.
I found out the menu of the dinner we are attending, and tomato/mozarella and chicken with spinach, I know I will be fine. Dessert is profiteroles, which I don't have great cravings for...so I should be safe on that one too!
Now back to thinking about the food to take on the trip (10 hours of driving and ferry....bleh) and knitting ;-).