Progress!!! In many ways...
Tuesday, July 07, 2009
Today I went for my 3 mile run(walk/jog) and I am astonished at my progress after 4 weeks of training. When I started (for a second time after another bad bout of 'flu and bronchitis) I was exhausted just walking the distance and my pulse went sky rocketing upwards.
Today I have progressed to running (well, jogging) UP THE UPHILLS (jog from lampost to lampost and then walk to the next lampost to recover)! I am really pleased with myself!
So far this is all the progress I've seen:
1. Heart rate lower while jogging.
2. Heart rate recovers quicker on the recovery walks.
3. Heart rate now dropping when jogging downhill.
4. Speed has increased by 7 minutes since I started! (Still very slow though.)
5. Lungs clear and can breathe easily.
6. Body firmer - muscles developing under the flab.
More importantly for me, the last couple of days have been the first time since the beginning of February that I can breathe properly and haven't had to use my asthma meds. I can sleep without mucous building up in my chest, and me coughing the whole night. I really feel fantastic!
Now my next goal it to try to incorporate the strength training sessions which I am struggling to do. I must focus and commit!
I can't wait for my next "run" on Friday!