Blogity Blog Blog
Tuesday, June 09, 2009
So, I'm on Spark a lot, logging my nutrition and fitness things, but I have been really lax on blogging and talking, etc.
I think it's mainly because I'm busy and I know that if I start talking, I'll never shut up and next thing you know, 3 hours have gone by....
However, they say that journaling is an important step to any recovery, and since I'm a recovering fat person I guess that would apply to me as well!
So, let the blogging commence with all the baring of feelings and intense angst and, well... all that feely stuff.
Unfortunately, most of the time I'm pretty p'd off at one worldly injustice or another, so this blogging idea will probably very quickly turn into a ranting idea. But...ok...that'll be fun too. hee.
So, here's today's rant. Things I hate about going to the gym. I believe I have ranted about this before, because it is a common pet peeve of mine, so if you're sick of it....move along. Nothing to see here.
***Also, if one of the below points describes you, please just laugh. These are only pet peeves in Shasta-Land and I'm not intending to offend.***
Gym Pet Peeves:
1) It's called DEODORANT, people...look it up. Seriously.
2) Sick people next to me on the elliptical machine. Hey! If you are sick and coughing up a lung, would you mind NOT coming to the gym and spreading your disgusting germs on everyone within a 500 foot radius? Or, at least COVER YOUR MOUTH!! Honestly, I feel like calling the CDC every time that happens, and it happens far too often.
3) Bizarro people next to me on the elliptical machine. Ok...just because there are TV's on in front of the machines does not mean you're in your living room. This means, please do not shake your fist/finger/any appendages at the screen and yell at the tv personality. First of all, I hate to break this to you, but they CAN NOT HEAR YOU. Secondly, I CAN hear you and you're scaring the you-know-what outta me. Sheesh.
4) Don't talk on your cell phone while you're working out. That's just .... stupid. Do you have to be plugged into The Matrix every single solitary moment? And do I have to listen to you make your hysterectomy appointment with disgusting details included? There's only so high the volume on my iPod can go, so please knock it off.
5) Skinny people who refuse to say hello or deign to acknowledge my presence day after day because...well, I really don't know what the because is. The only reason I can think of is that you feel I don't belong because I'm not thin or something. What is this, high school?
Well, tough. I'm staying, so you are just going to have to deal. And oh yeah...I'm going to kill you with kindness. Be prepared for me to say hello to you every single time I see you. I'll even make a special effort to learn your name so you can't pretend that I'm talking to someone else.
Maybe when I've lost another 100 pounds you'll even say hello back. I can hardly wait. Whatever.
Ok, if you've made it this far, thanks for "listening". I appreciate it. You guys are always so supportive and wonderful. You make this journey fun.
Love from Shasta-Land,