BIGOTRY HIDES IN THE NAME OF FAITH
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
RIGHT NOW I AM SO SADDENED BY THE INFLUX OF HATE & BIGOTRY INTO SOCIETY. IT SEEMS TO ME THAT THE WORLD WOULD BE A FAR BETTER PLACE IF ONLY WE ALL COULD LEARN TO JUST LIVE & LET LIVE !
Let me preface this blog by saying that I am not pointing fingers in anyone's direction, I am simply choosing to state the facts as I see them.
My God & Savior, Jesus Christ, while standing upon the mountain in the form of a burning bush did give to Moses ten rules by which we, his children, are to live. These rules are known as,The Ten Commandments & they are as follows.
1. I am the Lord thy God. Thou shalt not have strange gods before me.
2. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.
3. Remember thou keep Holy the Sabbath Day.
4. Honor thy Father and thy Mother.
5. Thou shalt not kill.
6. Thou shalt not commit adultery.
7. Thou shalt not steal.
8. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
9. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife.
10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's goods.
Please anyone who reads this correct me if I am wrong, but I see nothing here, within these ,"Rules", that states many of my friends are destined to burn in the fiery pits of hell because they are gay !
How dare those who claim this to be true call themselves Christians !
I am a Christian. Those who choose to condemn someone for who they love, are not.
If I lose friends here, at spark, due to the writing of this blog so be it ! This is who I am. This is what I believe. This is what I have taught my children .
I thank my Heavenly Father for giving me the wisdom to see the Bigot even when he tries to shield himself behind the veil of Christianity.