What do you like about yourself.....
Thursday, December 11, 2008
This was brought up in my team and I thought it was worth posting here as well. So many times we look at the negative parts of us and not the positive. What do you like about yourself? Can you post 10 - 15?
Here are some of mine:
1. My love of my life, my hubby: Our love grows stronger with each waking day.....
2. My three beautiful children and the one we lost: They are what keeps me going at times and can always make me laugh and smile! I thank God everyday for my kids!
3. My smile: I can't help but smile!
4. My voice: I have had people tell me that I sound like an angel when I am singing. Just recently my son said this to me. I am not good at taking compliments about myself and told him that I am really not that good. And he just said to me, "Mom, you are the best singer I have ever heard. You sound like an angel and would probably win American Idol" I guess I should listen.....
5. My laugh: I am told that I have the loudest voice and laugh but it is contagious and gets other people going!
6. My legs: I really don't like the look of them currently but the strength of my legs is unbelievable. They have gotten me through so much!!! Lots of walking, hiking, and racing .... they sure do take a beating!
7. My faith: This has grown deeper for me recently. I grew up Catholic and always going to Sunday mass. Even went to a Catholic elementary school. But my faith has really taken off recently and I am feeling very spiritual lately.
8. My Hands: That I am able to physically help my kids, play with them, cook, clean, the list goes on and on.
9. My long dark brown hair: My mom is always telling me how silky my hair is. It is naturally thick and somewhat wavy. I am starting to grow it out again and it is already way past my shoulders.
10. My olive colored skin: I have always been dark skin toned. Tan very nice in the summer. (Although I was darker when I was younger, I always tell my kids they sucked some of it out of me!) But I do have a nice skin tone that my Grandma always said came from our 5% indian we have in us!
11. My ears: They have served me well with listening to my family, friends, and kids. I take the time to really listen and try to help someone out when they are feeling down or have a problem.
12. My friends and family: They are always there for me! And I would not be who I am today if it weren't for them!
13. My fellow sparkers: I consider you my close group of friends. You are always there for me and give me support through good times and bad. You are my second family!!!
14. My heart: It has so much love in it... surprised it has not burst already! It keeps pumping strong even though I am over weight and keeps me alive!