So I had a major 2 week long bingeing episode. It all started with this apple pie I baked for a contest. (I won the Blue Ribbon and some cash, by the way, and didn't eat any of *that* pie..you can see *that* pie pictured below) But then, one night it happened. My daughter asked for another apple pie, and I made it. It was sitting there with one slice missing, and I had just fought with DH. I ate the rest of the pie in one sitting and felt so bad, yet so good. That snowballed into weeks of just *existing*, and 2 more pies! I didn't come here for support because I was so ashamed. I felt like it was too late for me, that the damage is done, that I am just going to fail at this again. And that led to no exercise whatsoever, and stuffing my face full of whatever I could get my hands on. And I cannot lie, it felt good. What I maybe mean to say is it felt good to STUFF my feelings with garbage food so I won't have to feel bored/lonely/guilty/stressed. I awoke today and thought, "Ok, I am DONE with that binge, and it is time to GO." And I got on the scale today to see what I have done to myself:
Up to 211 from 206. I have gained 5 pounds in 2 weeks. And this is what I am going to do about it:
~2 WEEK DETOX - BOTH PHYSICAL AND EMOTIONAL~
1) WATER!!! Tons of water. I will aim for 10 bottles a day for the next 2 weeks.
2) APPLES!!! I will eat 4-5 apples a day to flush this garbage Halloween candy residue out of the insides of my beautiful body.
3) I will LOG ALL CALORIES, no exceptions, good or 'bad'.
4) NO GUILT, no exceptions. I will not guilt myself and I will love myself regardless of my shortcomings.
5) 30 minutes of walking a day to start.
6) Try and control STRESS.
So there it is, I am a binger and I binged bigtime. Ok, now let's get down to business.