Encouragement for You!
Saturday, September 20, 2008
I want to write this blog to encourage all of you to STAY SERIOUS! And get more serious if you need to! So far I've lost 53 pounds, and I'll tell you some of the things I've been experiencing - I hope they will encourage you.
1. I've been casting clothes out of my closet at an unbelievable rate and giving them away to friends who are also in the weight loss transition.
2. It's so much fun to try on clothes that I've been saving (you know, hoping they'll fit "some day"), and now they're too big!
3. Buying new clothes is a challenge for a new reason: now everything fits and I have to choose which things I want, instead of just buying the few things that fit.
4. Yesterday I went for a pre-op physical. My doctor was so impressed with the 50# weight loss. And as he read off my cholesterol results to me, he said "Yea!" after each one! Total Cholesterol = 152 (YEA!), HDL = 53 (YEA!), LDL = 89 (YEA!), Glucose = 77 (YEA!). He showed me the charts of results over the last few years and said "Look how good you're doing".
5. The anesthesiologist said, "Your EKG is perfect, just like all your other results". Thank God for health! I guess if I have to have shoulder surgery, I might as well at least be at a low risk for complications.
6. While in San Diego I got into the hotel pool in spite of a couple of business men working at the other end of the patio. Thank God for helping me to overcome self-consciousness (wearing a size 10 bathing suit helped)!
Anyway, friends, that's some of my encouragement for now (there's more). I want all of you to experience this too.