Saturday, August 30, 2008
I got on the scale this morning and I have gained everything back that I lost and THEN some. I almost wanted to cry, but then I thought "Well DUH your stomach has been the equivalent to a black hole for weeks now! What did you expect? Especially when you stopped working out for practically a month!" So I decided I was not going to crawl up into a ball and cry and eat. I got on some clothes and went for a walk. Then I came home and drank some water. Along the walk I made a few promises to myself, and a few perks to help me on my way:
1) NO MORE DOUGHNUTS. I told my husband to stop bringing those darned things home, and if he didn't listen, I'll throw them away. I'll break them all up and throw them away.
2) Work out EVERY morning. A walk one day, 'strength' training the next. It's the only way I'll see and feel results.
3) SPARKPEOPLE. When I was using this site, I was losing. I need the help, and I shouldn't lose sight of that.
1) Lose 5 pounds and get an ipod (or ipod knock off). It should help with the exercising.
2) Lose 20 lbs and get a new pair of workout shoes (and some new workout clothes)
3) Lose 20 MORE lbs and get that Turbo Jam set I've wanted for months now
That's as far as I've gotten. On another note, I DO kinda feel like my grandmother and my husband are working against me. Why else would he keep sweets in the house? And we went to visit my grandma yesterday and she's like "lets celebrate!" But there was nothing to celebrate (which isn't the point), and she ordered all this FOOD. All this greasy FOOD and was like "Eat!" So we ate. Halfway through my sandwich I realized it wasn't a celebration, it was a MOURNING. Why do this to our bodies? She's got cancer and diabetes! I'm fat! My husband is fat! Why should we punish ourselves with more of this gunk that doesn't even taste good anymore? So I stopped eating my food. Then as we were leaving she insisted we take 95% of the leftovers and we had a fight about who had to keep a bag of BBQ chips she bought that no one needed (or even asked for!). Well, I am proud to say that although I ate half the chicken sub and 1/4 of the fries, the rest is in the garbage. I'm so ticked off about that whole thing.