Contract for Success
Saturday, August 09, 2008
I, Grampat, hereby agree and commit to take the following steps to improve my accountability to myself and increase my chances for weight loss success.
1. I will not let one small slip-up convince me that I'm stupid, worthless or a lost cause. I will respect myself by refusing to engage in verbal self-abuse, and I will find positive ways to comfort and support myself when I'm having a hard time. Specifically, I will
--remind myself of my short term goals by repeating them when I am tempted to skip my cardio exercise. My short-term goals are at the end of this blog posting.
--remind myself that the weather is no excuse for getting on the bike or walking (as warm-up).
--be sure to break my total minutes on the bike into manageable segments.
2. I will not sacrifice my own needs to make other people happy, or do for them what they can and should be doing for themselves. When there is a conflict between my exercise and eating plans and what other people want me to do, I will negotiate to find a reasonable solution that allows me to do what I need to do for myself.
3 I choose to be in charge of my own decisions and behavior. I will not talk, think, or act as if my husband, child, neighbor, cravings, or subconscience made me do it. If I don't like the consequences, I will try something different the next time.
Short-term goals for August:
1. Weigh 195 or less by the end of the month.
2. Finish 1 lapghan (if radiation therapy starts, it will probably be 2!)
3. Find out what I CAN do for exercise, per Doc. and execute it. --Do cardio on stationary bike to be done on cardio days in segments.