Wrap to vent from yesterday

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I went over my calories yesterday by I think like 50. I got home, I was crabby, tired, and not feeling well. There were a few teachers and one or two students who really razzed me yesterday, and I was having a tough time shrugging it off like I normally do.

I was hoping that the exercise class last night would help me blow off steam, but I was tired. I gave it everything I cold, but it didn't really help me feel better like exercise usually does.

So I get home, take a shower, hoping to make the headache go away and wash away some of the angst towards the day. Didn't work. But when I got out, husband offered to go get Little Caesars for dinner. It's our old favorite. I told him that it wouldn't make me feel better and I shouldn't drown my sorrows in food. He pointed out that I had almost 1000 calories left for the day, and it would be a nice treat. He won. But I won the "No Crazy Bread" war.

Their website says its supposed to be cut into 10 slices. Ours was only cut into 8, which we didn't realize until the end of the meal. So they were a bit more "expensive" than anticipated, hence my going over the limit. But instead of getting the buffalo wings, he just got the baked ones, since we were both very low on protein for the day. So that was nice, it saved us some calories.

I don't really feel guilty about going over, because I have only gone over once since I started this thing and it was only by 9 calories. I'm experimenting a little with my ranges, one day eating towards the bottom and the next trying to eat towards the top, so that my body doesn't get so used to me always eating 1400 calories, which is usually what I aim for. Yesterday was my high day. I did extra exercise yesterday and burned like 700 calories, so I think the extra 50 calories is fine.

There are two slices left in the fridge, and we were each going to have one for breakfast, but I left mine for him.

After dinner I was laying in bed, still not feeling well, and I asked husband to go to Walgreens to get me some meds. I asked for the 3-day fix just because it was kind of in the middle. At the drop of a hat he was out the door. He talked to the pharmacist about what was going on, and got the 1-day treatment. He got home, I took it, and I'm feeling better from that. I love him.

I am still not feeling better from everything else, though, and he's even thinking about the perks of moving back home now. It still wouldn't happen for a year, but it is exciting to think that it might become a reality. He finally admitted that we can't have kids in the house we're in now. There just isn't the space for it. Thats the first time since we bought the house a year ago that he's admitted that. So that's definitely a step in the right direction.

Here's to hoping that today is a better day.
Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post
    I definitely hope today is a better day! I'm so sorry things are crappy, but I'm glad your husband is wonderful to you!
    4860 days ago
  • Add Your Comment to the Blog Post

    Log in to post a comment

    Disclaimer: Weight loss results will vary from person to person. No individual result should be seen as a typical result of following the SparkPeople program.

More Blogs by LEIGHWOMAN