I make it a rule to never pick at my children's leftovers in their plate. If it is something that I think they will eat later, I wrap it and put it in the fridge for them...otherwise I throw it in the garbage. THEIR food is not part of my daily meal plan and picking at a french fry here and there or finishing a half eaten oreo cookie add up to extra unwanted and unaccounted for calories. We wouldn't pick at an adult's plate...so why pick at our kids plates.
Please note these are member-submitted secrets and are not reviewed by SparkPeople's health experts for accuracy. If you feel a secret is inappropriate, please click Report Inappropriate Secret and our staff will review it.
Advertisement -- Learn more about ads on this site.
I was always taught to clean my plate so I wouldn't waste food. Then one day my husband asked me why it was less wasteful to use my body as a garbage can for food I didn't want or need. I have never, ever forgotten that. I can leave food I don't need on the plate now. I won't use my body as a garbage can.
When slugs become a problem, I place a few plates filled with beer in my garden, natural area, and/or bushes. The next morning, the plates are full of engorged slugs. I just toss the plates in a bag and throw it in the garbage. I'm assuming the slugs died happy. A tip from my Terminex guy.
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkTeams, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.