Allowing yourself "weekends off" when it comes to dieting can help motivate you to eat extremely healthy for five days of the week--when you restrict yourself to only allowing your treats on weekends, it reduces the temptation to give in "just this once" the rest of the time. In addition, when the obligation of strict eating is loosened on the weekends, the temptation to give up on the diet or be fed up and binge is greatly reduced.
"Weekends off" doesn't mean it's a free-for-all! Stick to your lifestyle change, but allow yourself one or two guilt-free snacks or drinks; you'll find your treats are much more satisfying when you make them special and force yourself to wait for them.
Please note these are member-submitted secrets and are not reviewed by SparkPeople's health experts for accuracy. If you feel a secret is inappropriate, please click Report Inappropriate Secret and our staff will review it.
Advertisement -- Learn more about ads on this site.
I log in in the morning while I eat breakfast and use the Nutrition segment to plan my meals for the rest of the day. It allows me to pack healthy meal and snack options to take with me all day, and I know from the beginning of the day exactly how much wiggle room I may have with my calorie intake.
Give yourself some healthy wiggle room. We can't always eat "perfectly" nor should we put that kind of pressure on ourselves. "If 80 percent of the time, what you eat is healthy, then allow yourself to take it a little easier for the remaining 20 percent." With this principle, I can eat well most of the time, I don't have the pressure I used to "put on myself," and I can eat like this, hopefully, for the rest of my life...which is my GOAL!
Every night we have a 10 minute clean up. It gets our teenager & 9 nine year involved with nagging...we all go through specific assigned downstairs rooms: our kitchen, living room, bathroom, den and laundry room and clean them in 10 minutes. It has been working. Cleaning on the weekend is a lot easier now. 41 I am a lot happier.
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkTeams, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.