Please note these are member-submitted secrets and are not reviewed by SparkPeople's health experts for accuracy. If you feel a secret is inappropriate, please click Report Inappropriate Secret and our staff will review it.
Advertisement -- Learn more about ads on this site.
If you have a BMI of 35 or higher, consider Weight Loss Surgery
The fact is that for people with a lot of weight to lose (BMI over 35). only 5 percent of those who try traditional diet and exercise planssucceed in losing the weight AND KEEPING IT OFF!! On the other hand, with weight loss surgery, 95% succeed in both losing and keeping the weight off. Cost aside, think about it. The statistics speak for themselves.
Within 6 months of starting to use SparkPeople, I was able to reach, and actually exceed my goals for losing weight. It came down to being committed to the very simple act of tracking calories in/calories out. I had exercised many times in the past trying to lose weight, but until I tracked everything I ate, I was not able to consistently lose weight.
Along with me being able to reach my goals for weight loss, my wife has been on this journey with me and has lost a higher percentage of weight than I have. In the process we have also discovered many amazing, healthy, delicious recipes.
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkTeams, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.