1. Get your Flu shot!!! If you're sick wait 2-3 weeks, but if you're not do it ASAP!
2. Take your vitamins, during a time of sickness 2,000-3,000 mg of Vitamin C is your friend. If you're not sick and someone you know is take airborne.
3. Use honey as cough syrup and drink tea for sore throats. it's cheaper and better for you.
4. Take an antihistamine for nasal stuffiness, Benadryl is the best, but for daytime use Zyrtec or Claritin.
5. For nasal congestion use Sudafed, unless you have high blood pressure than you can only use a nasal rinse like the Neti-pot or Saline solution.
6. Rest! 8-9 hours of sleep per night is required to get better.
7. Exercise, but light. Keep your heart rate under 100 bpm till you're better.