For certain foods, like cottage cheese, yogurt, and pudding, the serving size is only a half a cup-that goes down in a matter of seconds when I'd eat it with a regular utensil! Instead of having that happen, I use my 2 y.o. son's old spoons and forks, and it makes these items last longer, and I am able to just take time and TASTE the food! It may sound silly to do, but it helps! I was able to buy a 12 pk of baby spoons at the dollar store, so it's a cheap investment!
Please note these are member-submitted secrets and are not reviewed by SparkPeople's health experts for accuracy. If you feel a secret is inappropriate, please click Report Inappropriate Secret and our staff will review it.
SparkPeople advertisers help keep the site free! Learn more
Okay, I just discovered that we have no teaspoons in the house. Really, not one. While looking for teaspoons I found my son's old baby spoon and fork and started using them. Great idea for me! Wu-who because now instead of a huge table spoon of food in my mouth I use a tiny baby spoon and my food lasts longer!
Another really great benefit to this is that I noticed that I needed my mouth to be filled with whatever I was eating therefore I was shoveling food into my mouth. No wonder I never noticed when I was full. Now, by using this little spoon and fork I know when I have had enough to eat.
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkTeams, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.