In my house we eat a lot of chicken, pork chops, and ground chuck. I'm a member of Sams club and we buy these things in bulk. For example you can get a pack of split chicken breast at Sams for about $14 and you can get about 4 meals out of one pack. Same applies to the pork chops and ground chuck.
A few more things:
1. Don't be afraid of store brands.
2. Be willing to deviate from your list for great deals.
3. If you can wait shop on double or triple coupon days.
4. Get rain checks when sales items are out of stock.
5. As your preferred store to match prices from other stores.