Secrets of Success

32

MEMBERS SPARKED This Sparked Me!
Leave a Comment

Luzianne Family Size Tea Bags for Iced Tea - Good & Economical!

My husband brought home Luzianne Brand Tea Bags this summer for making iced tea. We drink alot of tea at our house. These bags are "Family Size." Which means they are extra, extra large tea bags. I fold 2 of these teas bags in half and slide them into a gallon plastic jug of water. I let it see...

This Sparked Me! Leave a Comment

53

MEMBERS SPARKED This Sparked Me!
Leave a Comment

Weight Watchers Coconut Candies by Whitman's only 50 Calories each!

If you like Mounds or Almond Joy Bars, here's a little alternative: Weight Watchers with Whitman Candies makes a Chocolate Coconut Candy treat that is only 50 calories (or 1 Point if you are following the Weight Watcher's Points Plan).
They come individually wrapped, so built in portion control,...

This Sparked Me! Leave a Comment

88

MEMBERS SPARKED This Sparked Me!
Leave a Comment

1/2 the Calories & Fat - All the Flavor: Hellmann's Olive Oil Mayonnaise

Hellmann's Mayonnaise Dressing made with Extra Virgin Olive Oil contains just half the calories and fat of the Regular Hellmann's Mayonnaise - and ALL the flavor.
And it's made from Extra Virgin Olive Oil with Soybean Oil.
Personally, I think it tastes way better than the "light" or "fat free"...

This Sparked Me! Leave a Comment

43

MEMBERS SPARKED This Sparked Me!
Leave a Comment

Interval Training made My Scale Dial Move in the Right Direction!

I couldn’t walk outdoors due to the rainy weather.
So I pulled out a Leslie Sansone DVD titled: “Walk Slim – Fast Start!”
It contained episodes of “Interval Training.” It really changed up my walking routine in a hurry. My weight loss had been slowing down. After a couple of sessions using...

This Sparked Me! Leave a Comment

28

MEMBERS SPARKED This Sparked Me!
Leave a Comment

Fitness Page - Mileage Tracking: Add Personal Identifying Notes

Most days I break my walking into various minute segments.
I use the "Note" area on the Optional Mileage Tracking section of the Fitness Tracker to note what or where or when I walked. Helps me remember how I reached my daily total or beyond.
For example: Today I entered my Walk Slim DVD for ...

This Sparked Me! Leave a Comment

66

MEMBERS SPARKED This Sparked Me!
Leave a Comment

Adopt the 80-20 Principle (or Atleast the 90-10)

Give yourself some healthy wiggle room.
We can't always eat "perfectly" nor should we put that kind of pressure on ourselves.
"If 80 percent of the time, what you eat is healthy, then allow yourself to take it a little easier for the remaining 20 percent."
With this principle, I can eat w...

This Sparked Me! Leave a Comment

29

MEMBERS SPARKED This Sparked Me!
Leave a Comment

Carry a Copy of "The Calorie King" Counter in Your Car

I carry a copy of "The Calorie King Calorie Fat & Carbohydrate Counter" in my car for quick reference.
I can look foods up quickly if I need to eat out or away from home.
It helps me make an informed nutrition decision; when I don't have my computer with and the Nutrition Tracker up and runn...

This Sparked Me! Leave a Comment

86

MEMBERS SPARKED This Sparked Me!
Leave a Comment

Store-Brand Products Have Improved & are Economical!

I NEVER would buy 'generic brand' products.
Well, times have changed!
Thankfully, too, products have changed. Store-brand products now are usually very good, if not superior to some of the more expensive name brand products that I used to buy. I buy many store-name products of foods, cleanin...

This Sparked Me! Leave a Comment

54

MEMBERS SPARKED This Sparked Me!
Leave a Comment

A Light Crunchy Chocolate Almond Cookie Dipped in Bittersweet Chocolate, YUM!

Nonni's Biscotti - Decadence is just the perfect treat!

It satisfies my desire for a crunchy cookie and dark chocolate all in one.
And with only 100 calories and 4 grams of fat, I can include it in my food plan and not feel like I've made a bad choice!

They come individually wrapp...

This Sparked Me! Leave a Comment

40

MEMBERS SPARKED This Sparked Me!
Leave a Comment

Re-Connect with a Friend - You will feel Energized & Blessed!

Yesterday I had a lunch date with a dear friend, whom I hadn't been able to spend much time with during this past year.
What was to be a lunch hour turned into 4 hours of wonderful conversation and catching up on our lives.
I left that "reunion" feeling happy, energized and blessed to have suc...

This Sparked Me! Leave a Comment
Please note these are member-submitted secrets and are not reviewed by SparkPeople's health experts for accuracy. If you feel a secret is inappropriate, please click the "Report Inappropriate Secret" on the secret's page and our staff will review it.