for a printable version of this routine! About this Workout
This workout is part of SparkPeople's 7-Day Bootcamp Workout plan. Coach Nicole has created an easy-to-follow lower body workout that you can do anywhere, with a pair of dumbbells (optional) and a chair. These targeted exercises (plus stretches) will help you develop tighter and firmer muscles over time. Free of complex choreography, this workout is appropriate for people of many different fitness levels and abilities.
- Length: 10 minutes
- Equipment: Dumbbells (optional) and a chair
- Type of Workout: Strength training (toning) & flexibility
- Muscles Worked: Glutes, quads, hamstrings, inner and outer thighs, calves
- Fitness Level: Beginner to advanced
- Impact: Low-impact
- Safety Precautions: Use a weight that is appropriate for your fitness level, where you feel challenged but can maintain good form. Because some of these exercises require good balance, hold onto a chair for support if necessary.
- Extra Tip: Watch out for poor form! Make sure you don't lean forward when lunging or squatting, and try to keep your weight balanced equally between both feet.