for a printable version of this routine! About this Workout
This workout is part of SparkPeople's 7-Day Bootcamp Workout plan. Coach Nicole
has created an easy-to-follow upper body workout that you can do anywhere, with a pair of dumbbells and a chair. These targeted exercises (plus stretches) will help you develop tighter and firmer muscles over time. Free of complex choreography, this workout is appropriate for people of many different fitness levels and abilities.
- Length: 7 minutes
- Equipment: Dumbbells and a chair
- Type of Workout: Strength training (toning) & flexibility
- Muscles Worked: Back, shoulders, biceps, triceps, chest
- Fitness Level: Beginner to advanced
- Impact: No impact
- Safety Precautions: Use a weight that is appropriate for your fitness level, where you feel challenged but can maintain good form. If you feel uncomfortable lying on the ball, simply lie on the floor with your back flat, knees bent and feet flat to do these upper body moves.
- Extra Tip: Stay in control of your weights. Always lower them to the start position just as slowly as you lift. After all, you want to "resist" the weight going up and going down.