About This Workout
In this workout, Coach Nicole will lead you through a series of 5 exercises (plus stretches) that will work your entire lower body. Perfect for travelers or home exercisers, the exercises in this workout require very little space and can be done virtually anywhere!
- Length: 8 minutes
- Equipment: Resistance band, a chair for balance (optional)
- Type of Workout: Strength training (toning) & flexibility
- Muscles Worked: Lower body (hip flexor, quads, hamstrings, outer thigh, inner thigh)
- Fitness Level: Intermediate to advanced
- Impact: No-impact
- Safety Precautions: Warm up before starting this workout and wear athletic shoes. Make sure the band is secure around your shoe or ankle when performing these exercises. Because these exercises involve balancing on one leg, this workout may not be suitable for beginners or people with balance issues.
- Extra Tip: To better maintain your balance, remember three key things: 1) Keep your abs engaged. 2) Find a focal point and keep your gaze fixed there. 3) Don't lock out your knee joint. When balancing on one leg, keep that knee slightly bent.