About This Video
This video will help you stretch after your runs without any equipment. Coach Nicole will take you through one short set of 10 different stretches that target your thighs (quads, hamstrings, inner thighs) and calves, as well as other problem areas for runners (IT band, psoas, and more). You can perform most of these stretches when standing up--just make sure your muscles are warmed up first!
- Length: 10 minutes
- Equipment: Mat (for kneeling and lying), a wall for leaning, and a chair, step or elevated surface.
- Type of Workout: Flexibility (stretching)
- Muscles Worked: Chest, shoulders, obliques, lower body (calves, quads, hamstrings, inner thighs, hips, glutes, IT band, piriformis)
- Fitness Level: Beginning to advanced
- Impact: None
- Safety Precautions: Perform this routine only after your muscles are warm, such as after your warm up or after your workout. Always stretch through your own range of motion, never to the point of pain. Avoid bouncing.