- 1 cup unsweetened blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400° F. Lightly spray a muffin tin with vegetable spray.
2. Wash and drain blueberries. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, sift flour, baking powder and 1/3 cup sugar together.
4. In a small bowl, combine egg, oil and milk.
5. Pour all at once into dry ingredients. Stir just enough to blend. Gently stir in blueberries.
6. Pour batter into prepared muffin tin, filling each cup 2/3 full. Sprinkle lightly with 1 teaspoon sugar and bake 17 minutes, or until light brown. Allow muffins to cool 2 minutes before removing from pan.
Makes 12 muffins (serving is 1 muffin)