- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely diced celery
- 2 tablespoons finely diced onion
- 2 tablespoons finely diced green pepper
- 1 package frozen whole kernel corn (10 oz.)
- 1 cup peeled, diced, 1/2" raw potatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups low-fat (1%) or skim milk
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
1. Heat oil in medium saucepan.
2. Add celery, onion, and green pepper and saute for 2 minutes.
3. Add corn, potatoes, water, salt, pepper, and paprika. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium; and cook, covered, about 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
4. Place 1/2 cup milk in a jar with tight fitting lid. Add flour and shake vigorously.
5. Add gradually to cooked vegetables and add remaining milk.
6. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens. Serve garnished with chopped fresh parsley.
Yield: 4 servings--Serving Size: 1 cup