12-ounce package firm tofu
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 small-medium onion, chopped
1-2 portobello mushrooms, chopped
2-5 garlic cloves, chopped (according to taste)
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup shredded swiss cheese (mozzarella or cheddar can be substituted if desired)
salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Chop or crumble the tofu into very small pieces
3. Heat olive oil in small skillet. Lightly sauté onion, portobello mushrooms and garlic. Place in a medium bowl and add chopped/crumbled tofu.
4. Mix in egg, cheese, salt and pepper until thoroughly combined.
5. Drop tofu mixture onto greased or non-stick baking sheet in 6 portions. Flatten with spatula to form patties.
6. Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown. Top with your favorite toppings.
Number of Servings: 6Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user KEMGRIA.