- 6 russet potatoes
- 1 5.75 oz. can black, pitted, large olives
- 4-5 green onions
- 2-3 carrots
- 8 oz. of vegetarian chili
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into small pieces and lightly cooked in microwave or steamed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 oz. nonfat yogurt (or sour cream)
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Wash potatoes thoroughly and poke with a fork 4-5 times. Wrap in foil or place on a cookie sheet.
3. Place in oven for 45-60 minutes or until soft.
4. While potatoes are cooking, chop olives and green onions into small slices and grate carrots.
5. Heat chili briefly in microwave or on stove top until warm.
6. Place olives, carrots, onions, broccoli, cheddar cheese, yogurt or sour cream, chili and salsa out buffet-style to create your own potato bar!
7. Carefully take out potatoes when finished cooking. Slice open and garnish with your favorites toppings.
Serves 6.Reprinted with permission by Public Health – Seattle & King County