Let this be the summer you Spread the Spark! |
You're probably familiar with the travel company that uses a colorful gnome statue in its commercials and print ads. The gnome visits hotels, landmarks and all sorts of travel destinations, spreading his message of low-cost travel wherever he goes. There may be just one traveling gnome statue, but there are millions of SparkPeople members. And this summer, we're asking YOU to help Spread the Spark across America--and all over the globe! How? By wearing (or bringing) your SparkPeople gear with you and photographing yourself and your SparkFriends during your summer adventures.
Our Spread the Spark Summer Challenge will kick off with the official "Show Your Spark" Weekend, Friday, June 26, 2009 to Sunday, June 28, 2009. During this weekend, SparkPeople members across the globe will wear their SparkPeople Gear and/or gather at SparkRallies. (Visit your local SparkTeam page to help plan or RSVP to attend a local SparkRally in your area!) Even if you don't attend a Rally, you can still wear your gear wherever you go--and be on the lookout for other SparkPeople members doing the same!
We want everyone wearing SparkPeople gear that weekend to take photos of themselves and their SparkFriends to share with us. By wearing your gear, taking photos, and sharing your pictures with us, you could win fun SparkPeople prizes and even an iPod touch in our Show Your Spark Giveaway. Here's how.
1. Wear your SparkPeople gear the weekend of June 26, 2009. (If you do not have SparkPeople gear, you can purchase it at our SparkPeople Store. Place your order by June 17 to ensure timely delivery!)
2. Start or sign up to attend a SparkRally near you. Don't forget to remind other members to wear their SparkPeople gear to the Rally, too.
3. Join the Spread The Spark Summer Challenge SparkTeam. Here, members can post fun and healthy summer activities, share information about SparkRallies, and post their photos all summer long.
4. Take photos of yourself and your friends at SparkRallies and events that weekend!
5. Upload your photos to the Team page so others can see how much fun you had. To upload a photo to the Team page, click on the red "Photos" tab (above the Team message boards) and follow the instructions there. Or add your photo(s) to your SparkPage or SparkPeople blog to share with your friends! Our staff will look at all of your photos and may feature your photos or story in future articles, emails or dailySpark posts!
6. Win prizes in our giveaway! To show our appreciation, and to encourage everyone to participate in the official Show Your Spark Weekend, we'll be giving away SparkPeople prizes and even an iPod touch! We will periodically select winners at random, from all members who join the Team and share their photos. We will post the winners in the Spread the Spark Summer Challenge Team and announce the iPod touch winner on July 10, 2009.
After the Show Your Spark Weekend is over, that doesn't mean the fun has to end. We want to see photos of you in your SparkPeople gear throughout the summer. Wear it to the county fair, the amusement park, even to the beach on your family vacation! Take photos of the fun and creative ways you Spread the Spark this summer to share with everyone here at SparkPeople!
Now get out there and Show Your Spark!