(HealthDay News) -- Limiting how much you eat during each meal can make it easier to lose any extra pounds.
The Weight-Loss Information Network offers this advice to help you control portion sizes:
- Measure one serving (according to the product label) and serve it on a plate or bowl rather than eating straight out of the package.
- To better enjoy your food, don't eat while watching TV or multi-tasking.
- Eat from smaller dishes and use smaller glasses. Take your time.
- Focus especially on portion sizes for dishes higher in calories and fat.
- Store and freeze extra food immediately, so you're not tempted to overeat.
- Don't skip meals. Hunger may prompt you to overeat.
- Choose healthy, low-calorie snacks and divide into individual servings.
- When indulging in a treat, measure a single-serving size.