(HealthDay News) -- The edible temptations may be endless during the holiday season. Experts say you should focus on maintaining your current weight, forgetting the notion that the holidays are a good time to lose a few pounds.
The Cleveland Clinic offers these tips to help avoid holiday weight gain:
- Get regular exercise every day. In fact, add some exercise to your daily routine to burn off any extra calories.
- Eat at least seven servings of fruits and vegetables each day to help fill you up without overloading on calories.
- Avoid temptations when possible; try to indulge in just one holiday treat per day.
- Eat something healthy before you head to a party.
- Make smart choices at the holiday buffet, and limit portion sizes.
- Don't be afraid to turn down a treat. Make the holidays more about socializing than eating.