(HealthDay News) -- As your child nears school age, you should focus on developing skills to help ease the transition.
The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests how parents can help prepare kids for school:
- Teach your child to play well with others, including discouraging crying and fighting.
- Teach the child to listen well and to be quiet when a story is read.
- Practice using the potty independently.
- Teach your child how to work with buttons and zippers.
- Teach your child his/her name, address and phone number.